[Kde-bindings] Qyoto/Kimono WebKit C# component

SE1 ikruis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 11:26:15 UTC 2009

Richard Dale-5 wrote:

> Hi Richard
>
> On Monday 09 February 2009 23:02:35 you wrote:
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> We are looking for someone to help us integrate a WebKit browser into
>> our Microsoft Surface application.  From what I can tell you worked on
>> the Qyoto/Komono bridge and so you might be aware of someone who can
>> help us make the Qt WebKit accessible to a C#/WPF application on
>> Microsoft Surface.  Any pointers you can provide would be much
>> appreciated!
> That certainly sounds an interesting project and I'm sure that Arno (the
> project co-developer) and myself would be happy to help out. The Qyoto
> bindings include the Qt WebKit classes and they normally run under Mono.
> However, someone has posted patches to the kde bindings mailing list to
> get it
> to work with the Microsoft CLR on Windows, and I don't believe it should
> be a
> great problem in getting the WebKit component to work.
>
> I've cc'd this mail to the kde bindings mailing list so that other people
> can
> reply if they've tried Qyoto and Qt Webkit on Windows already.
>
> regards
> -- Richard Dale

Hello,

that someone would be me. You're right, it's not a big deal getting WebKit
to work. In fact I just noticed that the package I made for Windows a while
ago, also contains QtWebKit. Can't remember if I've tried it though, so I've
made some small adjustments to my little test app and at first sight it
seems to work just fine (see image). For pointers on how to build on windows
and to get the binaries I compiled, see
http://imaginary-project.net/wiki/qyoto .

regards,

Ilmar Kruis

ps. Don't know if this will be send to the original author, as I'm following
the list though the archive and that seems to filter mail addresses.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p21994606/qtwindows-example.png