[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Sun Aug 23 17:26:28 UTC 2009

On Thursday 20 August 2009 14:56:15 Richard Dale wrote:
> On Thursday 20 August 2009 12:38:41 am Arno Rehn wrote:
> > SVN commit 1013460 by arnorehn:
> >
> > Add the new smokegenerator to trunk. CMakeLists.txt still
> > have to be adjusted to use it.
> >
> > CCMAIL: kde-bindings at kde.org
> >

> >  M  +2 -0      CMakeLists.txt
> >  A             generator (directory)
>
> Good it's commited to kdebindings, but I'm not sure that a name of
> 'generator' at the top level is very clear - I preferred 'smokegenerator'
> as it was called in the playground or maybe kdebindings/smoke/generator.
> Although it is a genertal purpose parser like the PySide one, people will
> know what part of KDE and bindings it is associated with if it has 'smoke'
> in the name somewhere. We could talk about the 'smoke C# sources generator'
> etc.
Yes, I'm not perfectly happy with the name 'generator' either. But it's still
a general purpose parser and hence I don't think the name 'smokegenerator'
would be more appropiate (even though it will mostly generate smoke-based
bindings..). Maybe we can come up with some fancy name as for 'kalyptus'?

arno at arnorehn.de