[Kde-bindings] Qt bindings to D programming language.

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Sun Oct 26 20:32:42 UTC 2008

Hi Eldar!

First of all, nice to see that the number of bindings for Qt/KDE seems to be
constantly increasing :).
Smoke is basically a big library which indexes classes and methods of these
classes which can then be called by using theses indexes. It also contains
callbacks for virtual methods.
We know that there's not much documentation of smoke (actually there's no
documentation at all, I think), but we'll try to come up with some and write a
short 'Hello World' thing and maybe some "fake" binding only using smoke in
the next week. This should demonstrate how to get going. Also the sources of
QtRuby/PHPQt/Qyoto (the C# bindings) provide some information. In the end I
think the D bindings will look pretty much like the C# ones (of course they
don't have to ;))

arno at arnorehn.de