[Kde-bindings] Qyoto for companies

David Canar davidcanar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 05:28:15 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, Richard Dale <rdale at foton.es> wrote:
> Yes, I agree Qyoto would probably work very well on Microsoft Windows and Mac
> OS X compared with other 'cross platform toolkits'. But someone needs to pay
> us (ie Arno and myself) to make that happen. I can't see any point in giving
> away a commercial license for Qyoto for nothing in return.

I also agree, I'm relatively new to Open Source but can't you create a
business around Qyoto and/or other bindings? I think there is a huge
business potential there. The .NET framework (specially C#) is
becoming the standard in Windows programming and I bet there are tons
of Windows Qt users that would love to transition from C++ to C# . You
could give away the Open Source bindings and charge for the
"commercial" ones (and for technical support.) Additionally sooner or
later Trolltech will need to transition to C# and at that point it
will be in Trolltech's best interest to buy Qyoto and that is how you
would make the money. (I guess it sounds so easy but it may require a
lot of time and money).

Just my 2 cents.