[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Tue Jun 5 15:57:42 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 05 June 2007, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> Quoting Richard Dale <rdale at foton.es>:
> > Maybe we can suggest that a FindMono module is
> > included with the cmake release?
>
> Good luck with that. There are lots of FindXXXX.cmake modules in the
> CMake bugtracker waiting to be included in CMake.
>
> Further, there are hundreds of FindWhatever.cmake modules out there
> but people no longer bother with sending them to the CMake mailing
> list or the bugtracker because they get no answer from Kitware.
>
> As Alexander Neundorf works for Kitware, maybe FindMono.cmake will
> make its way into CMake but I would not cound on that.
>
> (Yeah, I am a bit frustrated with this)
Oh, that sounds a shame. I think that was one of the many things wrong with
autoconf/automake - it didn't have basic features as standard like looking
for java even, and didn't seem to interact much with the Free Software
community. The kde version of libtool didn't work with gcj for *really*
obvious reasons, and I never even knew who to report it to or whether anyone
was interested. And obscure things like working with Objective-C/GnuStep
actually got worse over the years.