[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Tue Jun 5 16:00:48 UTC 2007

Am Dienstag, 5. Juni 2007 schrieb Pau Garcia i Quiles:
> Quoting Richard Dale <rdale at foton.es>:
> > Maybe we can suggest that a FindMono module is
> > included with the cmake release?
>
> Good luck with that. There are lots of FindXXXX.cmake modules in the
> CMake bugtracker waiting to be included in CMake.
>
> Further, there are hundreds of FindWhatever.cmake modules out there
> but people no longer bother with sending them to the CMake mailing
> list or the bugtracker because they get no answer from Kitware.
>
> As Alexander Neundorf works for Kitware, maybe FindMono.cmake will
> make its way into CMake but I would not cound on that.
>
> (Yeah, I am a bit frustrated with this)
Well, I can understand kitware somehow. I think they get a few modules each
week... If they'd check each one and include it in their releases, it'd be
probably too much work.
I think it's better if the modules are availible on the homepage of the
project, so for example could mono provide a FindMono.cmake on
www.mono-project.com for every developer to dowload. If it's needed, we can
include it in out releases.

arno at arnorehn.de