[Kde-bindings] A Qyoto pre-release

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Fri Jun 1 16:42:27 UTC 2007

On Friday 01 June 2007, Arno Rehn wrote:
> Am Freitag, 1. Juni 2007 schrieb Richard Dale:
> > Hi David
> >
> > On Friday 01 June 2007, David Canar wrote:
> > > I have created a pre-release package with the latest version of SMOKE
> > > and qyoto: www.qyoto.org (download section) Qyoto is working great!
> > > thanks Richard and Arno and all those who contributed!!
> >
> > OK good news. I think the problem with 'int&' arg types that we're
> > discussing at the moment is a bit of a show stopper, but doing a practice
> > package is certainly a good idea while we get it fixed.
>
> Well, the issue is solved now I think and so we can soon do the real
> release. But first I'd like to strong name qt-dotnet.dll so it can be
> installed into the GAC.
I'm not sure what this involves, but installing into the GAC sounds a good
idea, and changing the cmake install rules so it does that.

> Also it would be nice if all the sources are
> generated from the Qt headers. Generating the sources from the headers
> already works nice as far as I know, but when I tried it last time, I ended
> up with a lot of unnecessary files. I'd say we need to tweak the headers
> list then or add another file in which it says which files are actually
> used.
Yes, by the time KDE4 is released I think we should do that. But while we're
still improving the code generation it's better to have the sources in the
svn still.

> Further I would suggest to split up the SMOKE and the Qyoto part. I'd do
> the same for QtRuby. There are now more than three projects that make use
> of SMOKE, so it's unnecessary that every project compiles the library
> again.
They shouldn't all be compiling it if it's already compiled should they?