[Kde-bindings] A Qyoto pre-release

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Fri Jun 1 15:02:08 UTC 2007

Am Freitag, 1. Juni 2007 schrieb Richard Dale:
> Hi David
>
> On Friday 01 June 2007, David Canar wrote:
> > I have created a pre-release package with the latest version of SMOKE and
> > qyoto: www.qyoto.org (download section) Qyoto is working great! thanks
> > Richard and Arno and all those who contributed!!
>
> OK good news. I think the problem with 'int&' arg types that we're
> discussing at the moment is a bit of a show stopper, but doing a practice
> package is certainly a good idea while we get it fixed.
Well, the issue is solved now I think and so we can soon do the real release.
But first I'd like to strong name qt-dotnet.dll so it can be installed into
the GAC. Also it would be nice if all the sources are generated from the Qt
headers. Generating the sources from the headers already works nice as far as
I know, but when I tried it last time, I ended up with a lot of unnecessary
files. I'd say we need to tweak the headers list then or add another file in
which it says which files are actually used.
Further I would suggest to split up the SMOKE and the Qyoto part. I'd do the
same for QtRuby. There are now more than three projects that make use of
SMOKE, so it's unnecessary that every project compiles the library again.

arno at arnorehn.de