[Kde-bindings] Qyoto Autotools

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Fri Sep 15 17:43:13 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, 15. September 2006 18:30 schrieb Arno Rehn:
> Am Freitag, 15. September 2006 17:21 schrieb Richard Dale:
> > On Thursday 14 September 2006 21:34, Arno Rehn wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've just worked out how to use the GNU Autotools with C# and created
> > > some files for Qyoto. I can already build qyoto.dll with it, but
> > > libqyoto.so is still somewhat difficult. How can we get the location of
> > > smoke.h and libsmokeqt.so? Is there something in pkg-config? I haven't
> > > found anything.
> >
> > We should be able to assume that the qyoto project will in kdebindings
> > where the smoke library is. In qtruby/rubylib/qtruby/Makefile.am, the
> > positions are given relative to the top src or builddir:
> >
> > -I$(top_srcdir)/smoke
> > $(top_builddir)/smoke/qt/libsmokeqt.la
> >
> > For KDE4 we really should use cmake - I don't know if it can check for
> > Mono, or build .cs sources into dlls.

As we are talking about this: Are there any plans to release a first version
of Qyoto? I think they are quite useful by now and most of it works (except
DBUS), so at least a beta could be released.

I would really like to work on DBUS, but I have never before worked with it
and Qt 4.2 is still hard masked on my gentoo box (it says, it wouldn't work
with current dbus and eventually break...).
Are there any examples demonstrating Qt4 DBUS ?

arno at arnorehn.de