[Kde-bindings] Qyoto Autotools

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Fri Sep 15 16:30:16 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, 15. September 2006 17:21 schrieb Richard Dale:
> On Thursday 14 September 2006 21:34, Arno Rehn wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just worked out how to use the GNU Autotools with C# and created
> > some files for Qyoto. I can already build qyoto.dll with it, but
> > libqyoto.so is still somewhat difficult. How can we get the location of
> > smoke.h and libsmokeqt.so? Is there something in pkg-config? I haven't
> > found anything.
>
> We should be able to assume that the qyoto project will in kdebindings
> where the smoke library is. In qtruby/rubylib/qtruby/Makefile.am, the
> positions are given relative to the top src or builddir:
>
> -I$(top_srcdir)/smoke
> $(top_builddir)/smoke/qt/libsmokeqt.la
>
> For KDE4 we really should use cmake - I don't know if it can check for
> Mono, or build .cs sources into dlls.
If cmake uses some sort of makefile where you can specify commands that are
executed for each target, then it should be no problem.

> It is certainly a big improvement having a Qt.dll (do you mean that instead
> of qyoto.dll?).
Yes, I mean Qt.dll. I myself would name it "qyoto.dll" because the namespace
is also named "Qyoto".

> I wondered if it would be worth splitting the generated .cs
> sources into sub directories according to what Qt modules they belonged to
> like 'qtcore', 'qtgui' and so on, and build seperate .dlls for each.
I wouldn't do that, I think it would be too complex.
And as far as I know there will be no speed improvement from that, because
Mono only compiles the code-parts that are really used, not the whole
assembly that is referenced.

arno at arnorehn.de