[Kde-bindings] Qyoto Autotools

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Fri Sep 15 18:16:37 UTC 2006

On Friday 15 September 2006 18:43, Arno Rehn wrote:
> Am Freitag, 15. September 2006 18:30 schrieb Arno Rehn:

> > > We should be able to assume that the qyoto project will in kdebindings
> > > where the smoke library is. In qtruby/rubylib/qtruby/Makefile.am, the
> > > positions are given relative to the top src or builddir:
> > >
> > > -I$(top_srcdir)/smoke
> > > $(top_builddir)/smoke/qt/libsmokeqt.la
> > >
> > > For KDE4 we really should use cmake - I don't know if it can check for
> > > Mono, or build .cs sources into dlls.
>
> As we are talking about this: Are there any plans to release a first
> version of Qyoto? I think they are quite useful by now and most of it works
> (except DBUS), so at least a beta could be released.
Well there isn't that much to do to get DBus working - mainly adding return
values to slots. It should pretty much work already I would think. I think
it's a bit early to call Qyoto a beta, we really need to add some more
marshallers first and improve the build system. The Qt4 version of QtRuby is
built with autotools, and so there's no reason why we shouldn't do that for
Qyoto at first, as long as we end up with a cmake version by the time KDE4
comes out.

> I would really like to work on DBUS, but I have never before worked with it
> and Qt 4.2 is still hard masked on my gentoo box (it says, it wouldn't work
> with current dbus and eventually break...).
> Are there any examples demonstrating Qt4 DBUS ?
Yes, look in qt-copy in the kde svn trunk under examples/qdbus. What about
asking for kde svn access, you just need to say what you want to do (ie work
on Qyoto/Kimono C# bindings)? It will make it easier to work on getting the
autotools build system working and the project moved to kdebindings. Then
perhaps we could do a first release.