[Kde-bindings] Qyoto / Kimono any how to ?

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Tue Oct 31 14:05:09 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 11:33, David Canar wrote:
> Thanks for your response. I tried to compile smoke library using the
> qt4-qtruby packages with no luck these are the last lines I get:
>
> kalyptus: processing /usr/include/Qt/qiconset.h
> warning: QListWidget inherits unknown class 'QListView'
> warning: QTableWidget inherits unknown class 'QTableView'
> Generating bindings for smoke language...
> Starting writeDoc for qt...
> Preparsing...
> Skipping union QVariant::Private::Data
> Writing smokedata.cpp.. .
> problem with QListWidget missing parent at
> ../../kalyptus/kalyptusCxxToSmoke.pm line 2174.
> make[1]: *** [smokedata.cpp] Error 25
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/david/Desktop/qt4-qtruby-1.4.6/smoke/qt'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I'm using SUSE 10.1 x86_64 and qt 4.1.0 (not compiled by me but from a
> official suse RPM repository) The ./configure script didn't complain at
> all. I checked for that problem online and I found that that problem was
> already fixed in SVN. But now that I downloaded the kdebindings directory
> from SVN I tried to compile it and the ./configure script complains saying
> that I don't have Qt 4 installed (?) even if I specify the qt directories
> the script fails. I haven't tried compiling Qt by myself because I know it
> takes forever to compile and maybe there is something simple I'm missing
> that can fix the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.
When you configure smoke/qt it tests whether various features have been built
into Qt. One of the tests is for QListView:

Testing QT_NO_LISTVIEW                                    *Undefined*

Here '*undefined*' means that the QListView class and header have been found
in the version of Qt 4.x that is installed. The defines are are
marked '*defined*' are added to the smoke/qt/qtdefines file. So have a look
in there and see what it contains. You should certainly should have QListView
class (the parent of QListWidget). Are you sure that /usr/include/Qt contains
the Qt4 headers, and not the Qt3 ones?

If you can get Qt 4.2 that would be better as we're using that and it has the
QtDBus classes and we hope to get DBus working with Qyoto soon. I've recently
released QtRuby 1.4.7 which will generate the Smoke library correctly for Qt
4.2.

> I was thinking we can host the project (code) on novell forge or google and
> buy the qyoto-project.com domain for documentation, forums, wikis, etc.
> What do you think?
Yes that sounds good if you think the people will come, but maybe 'qyoto.org'
rather than 'qyoto-project.com' as we're not a company and there is nothing
else on the web called qyoto? I searched for kimono sites (kimono stands
for 'KDE Integrates Mono'), and there were both kimono.org and kimono.com
sites. I would have thought novell forge would be the best site for
Qyoto/Kimono source downloads as they sponsor the mono project.

I use RubyForge for QtRuby because you need to have somewhere where people can
download the qt-only part of a kde bindings project. There is a KDE
Developers corner web site where I've put some docs for QtRuby, and I'd like
to add some docs there for Qyoto too.