[Kde-bindings] Qyoto / Kimono any how to ?

David Canar davidcanar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 11:33:08 UTC 2006

Thanks for your response. I tried to compile smoke library using the
qt4-qtruby packages with no luck these are the last lines I get:

kalyptus: processing /usr/include/Qt/qiconset.h
warning: QListWidget inherits unknown class 'QListView'
warning: QTableWidget inherits unknown class 'QTableView'
Generating bindings for smoke language...
Starting writeDoc for qt...
Preparsing...
Skipping union QVariant::Private::Data
Writing smokedata.cpp.. .
problem with QListWidget missing parent at
../../kalyptus/kalyptusCxxToSmoke.pm line 2174.
make[1]: *** [smokedata.cpp] Error 25
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/david/Desktop/qt4-qtruby-1.4.6/smoke/qt'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I'm using SUSE 10.1 x86_64 and qt 4.1.0 (not compiled by me but from a
official suse RPM repository) The ./configure script didn't complain at all.
I checked for that problem online and I found that that problem was already
fixed in SVN. But now that I downloaded the kdebindings directory from SVN I
tried to compile it and the ./configure script complains saying that I don't
have Qt 4 installed (?) even if I specify the qt directories the script
fails. I haven't tried compiling Qt by myself because I know it takes
forever to compile and maybe there is something simple I'm missing that can
fix the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I was thinking we can host the project (code) on novell forge or google and
buy the qyoto-project.com domain for documentation, forums, wikis, etc. What
do you think?

David.