[Kde-bindings] smoke classlist

Thomas Moenicke thomas.moenicke at kdemail.net
Fri Aug 11 11:31:17 UTC 2006

Hi,
For PHP-Qt, I create all class entries at module startup with the help of the
qt_classes[] array defined in smoke. This works fine for all classes, 414
classes are created. But QString is not listed in qt_Smoke->classes and I
wonder why I cannot instantiate a simple QString.  The related class entry is
not created, but e.g. QChar is listed in the array and works fine. However
QString exists in header_list and the constructors of it are defined in
qt_methodNames[].
And I found this message in the kalyptusCxxToSmoke file:
"Don't generate standard bindings for QString, this class is handled as a
native type"
What does it mean? Are QStrings completly hidden in other bindings? I convert
strings into QStrings automatically in method calls. But so far, it is also
possible to instantiate QStrings directly.