[Kde-bindings] smoke classlist

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 11:39:57 UTC 2006

On Friday 11 August 2006 12:31, Thomas Moenicke wrote:
> Hi,
> For PHP-Qt, I create all class entries at module startup with the help of
> the qt_classes[] array defined in smoke. This works fine for all classes,
> 414 classes are created. But QString is not listed in qt_Smoke->classes and
> I wonder why I cannot instantiate a simple QString.  The related class
> entry is not created, but e.g. QChar is listed in the array and works fine.
> However QString exists in header_list and the constructors of it are
> defined in qt_methodNames[].
Possibly qstring.h should be removed from the header list, but I see it has
QCharRef in it. I wonder if that class is useful for bindings - it doesn't
seem to be documented.

> And I found this message in the kalyptusCxxToSmoke file:
> "Don't generate standard bindings for QString, this class is handled as a
> native type"
> What does it mean? Are QStrings completly hidden in other bindings? I
> convert strings into QStrings automatically in method calls. But so far, it
> is also possible to instantiate QStrings directly.
Yes, in QtRuby, Qyoto or PerlQt the native string type is always used and you
can't create a QString. It used the be the same for QByteArrays, but I found
that was more trouble than it was worth and you can currently create
QByteArray instances.