[Kde-bindings] Qt4, Smoke + C# status?

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Thu Apr 20 22:21:53 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 14:36, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 April 2006 08:16, Simon Edwards wrote:
> > I'm just wondering what the status of the smoke library is on Qt4, and
also
> > the C#/CLR bindings. Are there any plans? IS anyone playing in this area
at
> > the moment? (Richard?)
> The smoke library works fine with Qt4, and the Qt4 version of QtRuby is
> progressing well. I've just recently ported Smoke and QtRuby to Windows, so
> there will be a Windows binary gem as part of the next release (in about 2
> weeks maybe).
>
> I haven't done anything with the Qyoto/Kimono smoke based C# bindings for a
> while, but I'm still very keen on finishing it. I don't think it's worth
> doing anything more with the Qt3 version now, and the project should focus
on
> Qt4/KDE 4.

I had a fiddle with it. hacking around the build system enough to get it
building against Qt4. The smoke library appears to have built ok, and also
libqyoto. But compiling a small test C# program fails in SmokeInvocation.cs:

-------------------
SmokeInvocation.cs(213,11): warning CS0219: The variable `paramTypes' is
assigned but its value is never used
SmokeInvocation.cs(255,59): error CS0246: The type or namespace name
`SmokeClass' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an
assembly reference?
SmokeInvocation.cs(291,72): error CS0246: The type or namespace name
`SmokeMethod' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an
assembly reference?
SmokeInvocation.cs(293,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name
`SmokeMethod' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an
assembly reference?
SmokeInvocation.cs(308,51): error CS0246: The type or namespace name
`SmokeClass' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an
assembly reference?
Compilation failed: 4 error(s), 100 warnings

I don't see where SmokeMethod and friends are meant to be defined for C#.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/