[Kde-bindings] KDE C and Objective-C bindings now retired

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sat Mar 27 10:37:50 UTC 2004

On Saturday 27 March 2004 10:30, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Friday 26 March 2004 15:41, Marcus wrote:
> > One of the main reasons that we moved primary development of Qt# from
KDE's
> > CVS was that people who did not have KDE installed were unable to build
QtC
> > and Qt#.
> That's an argument for having a copy on Sourceforge, it isn't an argument
for
> not maintaining it in the CVS or to ignore KDE releases.

I agree. IMO what is distributed in a release of kdebindings must:

* be maintained
* be working
* up to date
* actually support KDE classes, and not just Qt, otherwise it is just a Qt
project and doesn't belong here.

Perhaps we also need a "bindings_experimental" dir somewhere, and/or a
"bindings_retired".

> > I do not appreciate Richard's attempt to sabotage Qt# by removing its
> > dependency from CVS. Although I said that I would have a replacement for
> > QtC "soon," I did not say "immediately" or "next week."

Calling Richard's action "sabotage" is just plain rude, IMO.

> Don't forget that I killed my Objective-C bindings project which represented
> at least six months full time work, not to say what it makes my reputation
> looks like.

You stopped your project. Yeah, that's a bit bummer to have to do, but I think
you have done a Good Thing for kdebindings in general. (your reputation
certainly isn't damaged from my point of view. =) )

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/