[Kde-bindings] KDE C and Objective-C bindings now retired

Adam Treat manyoso at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 27 23:19:57 UTC 2004

On Saturday 27 March 2004 7:40 am, lypanov at lypanov.net wrote:
> Quoting Marcus <mathpup at mylinuxisp.com>:
> > What's more the idea of your being a "peer" is questionnable,
> > given that you seem to disappear for 3-6 months at a time -- or
> > was it just that one occasion?
>
> this is just getting stupid. welcome to my email blacklist.
> i hope a few others join me in adding you maybe we'll be able
> to get some work done rather than listening to your hate mongering.
> just pathetic. and people wonder why i hate open source at times.

I would urge you all to try some compassion when it concerns Marcus.
He suffers from some severe depression and as consequence can become
easily agitated when challenged.

For what it is worth, I am very glad to see Richard Dale's work on
alternative C# bindings based on Ashley's Smoke library.  I hope this
proves fruitful, however I am still have grave doubts the efficacy of
*any* long term binding.  But that is another discussion.

I don't maintain Qt# anymore, but as the majority of the code in KDE's
qtsharp cvs module was mine, I have no problem with its disabling at
this point in time.  Richard is the maintainer and author of the QtC
library, as such I respect his decisions when it comes to their fate.

Marcus, you can host the old QtC in sourceforge as we've been doing.
QtC hasn't been undergoing any changes in KDE's cvs and will not be
according to Richard's plans, so I don't see what the fuss really
*is* about taking this out of source level control when a tarball
will just as easily suffice.

Adam