[Kde-bindings] KDE C and Objective-C bindings now retired

Marcus mathpup at mylinuxisp.com
Sat Mar 27 09:40:46 UTC 2004

On Saturday 27 March 2004 9:30 am, Richard Dale wrote:

> That's an argument for having a copy on Sourceforge, it isn't an argument
> for not maintaining it in the CVS or to ignore KDE releases.

As far as I have seen Qt# compiled just fine in kdebindings. There had not
been much development on it for a while, so there wasn't much to change in
CVS. When I did check, Qt# was compiling fine.

> I am not attempting to sabotage Qt#. What I would like is to see it as a
> KDE project, attempting to wrap to KDE classes and release according to KDE
> release schedules. Even if the new QtC arrives immediately, it won't wrap
> KDE, only Qt. You haven't said how it differs from the current QtC and how
> easy it might to extend to the KDE classes (the obsolete C bindings wrapped
> the KDE classes too).

To be blunt, I do not believe you. I think that you are lying. You do not want
Qt# to suceed. You want your own way of doing things to succeed.

> Don't forget that I killed my Objective-C bindings project which
> represented at least six months full time work, not to say what it makes my
> reputation looks like.

Does anyone use Objective-C anymore? Even Apple is looking at C#.