[Kde-bindings] KDE C and Objective-C bindings now retired

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 27 09:30:53 UTC 2004

On Friday 26 March 2004 15:41, Marcus wrote:
> One of the main reasons that we moved primary development of Qt# from KDE's
> CVS was that people who did not have KDE installed were unable to build QtC
> and Qt#.
That's an argument for having a copy on Sourceforge, it isn't an argument for
not maintaining it in the CVS or to ignore KDE releases.

> I do not appreciate Richard's attempt to sabotage Qt# by removing its
> dependency from CVS. Although I said that I would have a replacement for
> QtC "soon," I did not say "immediately" or "next week."
I am not attempting to sabotage Qt#. What I would like is to see it as a KDE
project, attempting to wrap to KDE classes and release according to KDE
release schedules. Even if the new QtC arrives immediately, it won't wrap
KDE, only Qt. You haven't said how it differs from the current QtC and how
easy it might to extend to the KDE classes (the obsolete C bindings wrapped
the KDE classes too).

Don't forget that I killed my Objective-C bindings project which represented
at least six months full time work, not to say what it makes my reputation
looks like.