[Kde-bindings] The code!

Ashley Winters jahqueel at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 22:57:48 UTC 2003

--- Adam Treat <manyoso at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Ashley,

> think you are missing a few things that we require though.  The Type
> parameter in your XML is fully decorated and does not have the PassBy
>
> attribute.  I think this will be required for us, but perhaps it can
> be
> processed in Binge and turned into what we need.

I can see the argument against "encoding" information into the type
string, but it's somewhat prettier than the alternative.

char const* => PointerToConst
char* volatile => VolatilePointer
QString const& => ReferenceToConst
QString *& => ReferenceToPointer

Or, the whole XML style:

You read my encoded types backwards for the PassBy Attribute.

QString const* const* volatile

Volatile PointerTo Const PointerTo Const QString

Ashley Winters