Main "goal" for KDE on Android ?

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sun Nov 21 21:12:03 GMT 2021

On Sonntag, 21. November 2021 18:34:12 CET Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there something like a mid term goal what we as KDE want to achieve on
> Android ?
>
> E.g. I was wondering whether it would make sence to target tablets with
> attachable keyboards to basically turn them into low end laptops by running
> not-too-heavy KDE applications ?  But that would require e.g. some solution
> for kio, right ?
>
> Or is the goal to "just" provide the tier 1 and 2 libs on Android to make
> development of QML applications for Android easier ?
>
> Or something else ?
>
> Is there some document or archived discussion related to that somewhere ?

I am not sure there even is one common goal for this, let alone a documented
one.

For me it's for example about being able to use some of our mobile apps in
production while not having a Plasma Mobile phone yet. If that also results in
common infrastructure useful for people with other goals, or in making our
apps available to more users, all the better. Fortunately none of this is
mutually exclusive, on the contrary :)

Regards,
Volker