Main "goal" for KDE on Android ?

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun Nov 21 23:54:33 GMT 2021

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 6:34 PM Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there something like a mid term goal what we as KDE want to achieve on
> Android ?
>
> E.g. I was wondering whether it would make sence to target tablets with
> attachable keyboards to basically turn them into low end laptops by running
> not-too-heavy KDE applications ?  But that would require e.g. some solution
> for kio, right ?
>
> Or is the goal to "just" provide the tier 1 and 2 libs on Android to make
> development of QML applications for Android easier ?
>
> Or something else ?
>
> Is there some document or archived discussion related to that somewhere ?

My main motivation to work on making Android viable has been:
- to allow KDE applications tap the Android market and userbase.
- to have a a functional platform until our mobile OS is ready.
There's many aspects of an application that we cannot experience on a
desktop: many of the sensors, the pocket-ability, the roam-ability.

I don't know how documenting this would make anything more
understandable, I guess it should be here anyway:
https://community.kde.org/Android

Aleix