Minuet for Android release

Alessandro Longo alexl at openmailbox.org
Tue Aug 9 17:05:16 UTC 2016

Il 09-08-2016 16:56 Sandro Andrade ha scritto:
> Hi there,
>
> We're currently doing the last polishments for Minuet Mobile, as part
> of Ayush's GSoC project. The initial plan is make a first release
> alongside with KDE Applications 16.08, on 18th August.
>
> Could some of you explain what's the process to make it available at
> KDE Community's Play Store account? Any specific issues/suggestion
> (build modes, pkg signing, etc) we should double check before doing
> that?
>
> Minuet Mobile isn't using KF5 for now and we're wondering how
> i18n/l10n is currently handled for Android applications. Any
> particular advice regarding that?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Sandro

Hi, I take advantage of your questions to add another one for people
involved in Android development:
there was the idea to maintain an official KDE repo for F-droid, what's
the current state? If it's far from ready I would like to see Minuet
Mobile submitted for F-droid's own build system and let Android users
without Google Play Store try it and eventually add it to KDE repo when
it will be ready.

Cheers,

--
Alessandro Longo