Minuet for Android release

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Aug 9 23:20:54 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Alessandro Longo <alexl at openmailbox.org> wrote:
> Il 09-08-2016 16:56 Sandro Andrade ha scritto:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> We're currently doing the last polishments for Minuet Mobile, as part
>> of Ayush's GSoC project. The initial plan is make a first release
>> alongside with KDE Applications 16.08, on 18th August.
>>
>> Could some of you explain what's the process to make it available at
>> KDE Community's Play Store account? Any specific issues/suggestion
>> (build modes, pkg signing, etc) we should double check before doing
>> that?
>>
>> Minuet Mobile isn't using KF5 for now and we're wondering how
>> i18n/l10n is currently handled for Android applications. Any
>> particular advice regarding that?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Sandro
>

> Hi, I take advantage of your questions to add another one for people
> involved in Android development:
> there was the idea to maintain an official KDE repo for F-droid, what's the
> current state? If it's far from ready I would like to see Minuet Mobile
> submitted for F-droid's own build system and let Android users without
> Google Play Store try it and eventually add it to KDE repo when it will be
> ready.

Hi Alessandro,
I'd suggest next time to open a separate thread for the issue. I share
the concern, but it's not a matter of lobbying but actually getting
someone to do the work. There's the possibility to come up with our
repository, there's the possibility to actually adapt F-Droid to our
needs.

Aleix