Accessibility with screen readers

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Wed Jan 22 10:54:44 GMT 2020

Hi,

KDE includes Kwan, which seems to provide useful customizations for
low-vision people and magnification (negative colors, etc).

With screen readers, it is a work in progress. The main blockers are
listed here:
https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/249/

Qt5 is mostly accessible thanks to a high work from the Qt foundation.
the work listed above is driven by a volunteer developer and thanks to him.

Given the GTK debates, we are working on the capability to fund how to
make KDE fully accessible. But it will be a long work about 1,5 year, to
get what we hope. We need, to start, a foundation validation for some of
the methods we cant to use, and its support for funding. So I would say
that KDE accessibility makes part of the work, but seems still far from
being a reality today.

regards

signature_jp_2
Logo Hypra 	JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL
DIRECTEUR TECHNIQUE ET QUALITÉ
102, rue des poissonniers, 75018, Paris
Tel : +331 84 73 06 61 <tel:+33184730661> Mob : +336 76 34 93 37
<tel:+33676349337>
jpmengual at hypra.fr <mailto:jpmengual at hypra.fr>
www.hypra.fr <http://www.hypra.fr/>
Facebook Hypra <https://www.facebook.com/hyprasoftware/> Twitter Hypra