[Kde-accessibility] release tarball for qt-at-spi

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Sep 9 07:18:18 UTC 2013

Kyle <kyle4jesus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to package qt-at-spi for use in Arch Linux and its
> derivatives. I have a package in the Arch User Repository now, but it
> clones the git repository, and therefore has little chance of making it
> into the official repos. In order to increase the likelihood of having
> qt-at-spi included in official repos, I need to be able to build a
> released version. I found packages for Ubuntu, Debian and Fedora, and I
> have found a version 0.3.1, but strangely I can't seem to find a source
> tarball.

Are you aware that qt-at-spi was integrated into QT itself as of QT 5, and
therefore no longer exists as an independent package?

I suspect that arch Linux has many packages which still depend on QT 4.8, so
you may need the old version of QT-AT-SPI for those as far as I understand the
situation. Perhaps the right question here is how best to support
forward/backward compatibility. The latest Git is probably the best you're
likely to get prior to the move to QT 5, and you can create a tar file from
the git repository with git archive.