[Kde-accessibility] Packaging of 4.0

Peter Grasch me at bedahr.org
Fri Apr 12 10:34:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 04/12/2013 07:30 AM, shawn graham wrote:
> Hello My name is Shawn Graham. I am a virtual
> infrastructure/network engineer and developer (mostly working with
> virtual environments, vpn and software routers). I have however on
> several occasions had to package things in the Debian format.  I
> don't remember having allot of complications with the process.
> Your application is admittedly much more complex than what i was
> building however i would be more than willing to work up a virtual
> environment for doing this. I could automate most of this i would
> think.  If im thinking this out correctly i could automate the git
> download and the dpkg build process and fire that off with a cron
> job.
>
> I have a few friends that have MS and similar diseases.  I am
> trying to build them machines that will allow them to use the
> computer desktop.
Very impressive. Please contact me if you need some help with this,

> Im compiling 0.4 on a Ubuntu 12.04 vm.  I'll let you know how it
> goes. I'm assuming if i can get it to compile i have all the
> necessary dev packages installed and should be able to package from
> the same machine.
>
> Give me a call or email back if you would like to discuss this
> more.
Thanks for your interest in Simon.
I think a Simon package for Ubuntu is already available for the >=
Raring, but I haven't tested it yet. You can find it here:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/simon/0.4.0-0ubuntu1

Best regards,
Peter