[Kde-accessibility] Packaging of 4.0

Peter Grasch me at bedahr.org
Sat Apr 13 16:35:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 04/13/2013 11:09 AM, shawn graham wrote:
> ok ill fork off a vm and try out the package.  Just so you know
> the tar compile did not go well I got some sort of error about
> Wrong Version?
Without further information, there is sadly nothing I can help you with.

> Kinda weird.  there are a few things that keep comming to mind
> about this project.  one...kde environment.  I use to love it
> that's what i installed on everything. but nowadays .because of
> licensing issues im sure seems most distros are not choosing it by
> default. And, not to be judgemental but...whynot build on a stable
> distro like 12.04 as opposed to the dev distro...(i mean i
> understand the dev is for dev...which is what you doing) but
> really...to release something seems like it should be..well at the
>  stable level.
It's kinda "normal" to develop new packages for the current
development release of the distribution. If there is demand, the
package can probably easily be backported to earlier versions.

> The only reason i bring it up is that most of the
> complaint/problems i see on this project have to do with install
> and config. I mean sees like 03 has a ppa for it.  But honestly, i
> didnt have much luck with it as well.
I am not aware of any issues with the packages in the PPA. At one
point there was a problem with a then recently released Ubuntu
versions but they were fixed rather quickly once they were pointed out.
Of course, I might have missed something but at least I am certain
that there were / are no open reported issues.

Best regards
Peter