[Kde-accessibility] Programmatic control of Simon

Peter Grasch me at bedahr.org
Tue Oct 2 15:48:52 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-02 at 11:13 -0300, Steve Cookson wrote:
Hi Peter,

> > Well, the most helpful would be to test the development version but
that
> > is of course hard in any kind of practical deployment.
>
> Well we have a number of test machines.  If we installed:
>
> git clone git://anongit.kde.org/simon
>
> And its associated stuff.  The last time we tried we found all sorts
of
> instabilities, is this what you want?  Or should be wait until your
beta
> test?
> Yes, that is how you get the current development version.

Well, if you can tolerate the occasional bug, you can of course also use
that in your pilot. It provides some really nice new features compared
to 0.3 that might actually be interesting for you like context aware
scenario and even microphone selection.

But again, don't expect it to be 100 % crash free yet.

On a related topic, I would also greatly appreciate it if you could open
bugs for all the "instabilities" you find / found on
https://bugs.kde.org.

> Are you based in Brazil? Have you heard about the FalaBrasil team?
>
> Yes we saw the FalaBrasil team, our team is English and we find the
overhead
> of working in Portuguese greater than the overhead of re-recording a
few
> words (like 'foto').  Our main corpus for release 2 will probably be a
whole
> host of medical terms in Portuguese, and for these I guess we'll take
any
> help we can get.
> Sounds good. I expect they'd also be very interested in your audio
samples if you're willing / able to share.

Nelson Neto is probably the best guy to talk to over there about this.
I'll send you his contact information off list.

Best regards,
Peter