[Kde-accessibility] Factors that affect accuracy

Steve Cookson steve.cookson at sca-uk.com
Tue Oct 2 11:30:30 UTC 2012

Hi Guys,

As I mentioned in a previous email, we are moving into the pilot phase of
our project and we are in the middle of defining objectives for the pilot.
One of these will be to test the accuracy of the speech recognition.  I'm
interested in knowing what people find are the main factors that affect
accuracy of recognition, so that we can test them.  I suspect they include
the following:

- the amount of voice training provided for the speech model;

- the detection threshold set in simon;

- the background noise;

- what microphone you are using;

What points have I missed?  I suspect that individuals get better with time
as they adjust their speech to fit system with the benefit of experience.

Regards

Steve