[Kde-accessibility] Programmatic control of Simon

Peter Grasch me at bedahr.org
Tue Oct 2 12:33:19 UTC 2012

Hi Steve,

On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 13:53 -0300, Steve Cookson wrote:
> > Or just help us publish 0.4 :)
>
> I don't think we'll be doing a lot of patching, but we would be interested
> in helping with 0.4.  What would you like us to do?  It'll probably be Carol
> Griffiths (copied on this email) who will be the main point of contact.
Well, the most helpful would be to test the development version but that
is of course hard in any kind of practical deployment.

But I'll definitely drop you a line as soon as we reach beta quality.
The new version also includes support for CMU SPHINX - I'll talk more
about why that might be relevant for your project in reply to the other
thread.

> Just to give you an update on the project, we are now talking to two
> Hospitals here in Brazil about carrying out trials on the device (it's a
> custom device not a package).  I hope these tests will start during
> November.  I'll let you know as soon as we know more.

Nice, keep us updated.
Are you based in Brazil? Have you heard about the FalaBrasil team?
They are doing some very interesting stuff with Simon there as well:
http://www.laps.ufpa.br/falabrasil/simonbr.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVnB_CH7Sx0 (TV report)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJow_Js9XE (demo)

Best regards,