[Kde-accessibility] GSoC 2012: Adding support for HTML5 Text to Speech and Speech Recognition

Peter Grasch grasch at simon-listens.org
Tue Feb 28 08:21:58 UTC 2012

Hi Arjun,

I'd offer to mentor the simon part but the project touches a lot of different
areas so you'd need to find mentors for:
1. Jovie (maybe Frederik Gladhorn or Jeremy Whiting - they are both subscribed
to this list)
2. Webkit, KHTML, Gecko or whatever browser (engine) you want to extend. I
think Chromium already has the speech recognition part done through a Google
webservice. Not sure about TTS but I guess that'd also work.

Best regards,
Peter