[Kde-accessibility] jovie and mbrola

Bob Stia rnr at pasco.org
Tue Dec 18 02:09:19 UTC 2012

On Monday 17 December 2012 19:21:02 you wrote:
> Ok, that looks like a regular speech dispatcher setup, also, espeak and
> festival are enabled.  Do you know if festival is running?  I have it
> installed here on my ubuntu system, but it doesn't seem to run itself as a
> system service.  If you can try "spd-conf --test-festival" from a terminal
> and see if speech-dispatcher can see festival that would help.  I'm betting
> it can't see it since it's not running and that's why it doesn't appear as
> an option in Jovie.

Hi, That was fast !  I tried the "spd-conf --test-festival" but got s command
not found.  I did start festival in a terminal and then opened Jovie but
cou;d not see festival anywhere in it;s configuration.

FYI, in my ~/.speech-dispatcher there is a festival.log file with one line
ffestival_client: connect to server failed

Bob