[Kde-accessibility] jovie and mbrola

Bob Stia rnr at pasco.org
Thu Dec 20 03:04:30 UTC 2012

On Monday 17 December 2012 19:21:02 you wrote:
> Ok, that looks like a regular speech dispatcher setup, also, espeak and
> festival are enabled.  Do you know if festival is running?  I have it
> installed here on my ubuntu system, but it doesn't seem to run itself as a
> system service.  If you can try "spd-conf --test-festival" from a terminal
> and see if speech-dispatcher can see festival that would help.  I'm betting
> it can't see it since it's not running and that's why it doesn't appear as
> an option in Jovie.

Jeremy,

I assume you got my reply frpm your last message where I told ypu I started
Festival manually then opened Jovie and still could not find it. I am
thinking that is because I have Jovie autostarted and Festival must start
first ?

I was going to autostart Festival also but I get several choices. festivak,
festival_client, festival_server, andfestival_server_control.  Which one
should I use and then make sure festival starts first?

Bob