[Kde-accessibility] Quotation marks in german translation

Gerrit Sangel z0idberg at gmx.de
Wed Feb 13 17:09:33 CET 2008

Hello,

In the german translation, " is still used, even though the correct quoation
marks are „“.

I wrote this to the German translation mailing list, but they were a bit wary
that these quotation marks could interfere with some accessibility
applications, even though I doubted it.

But I do not want to cause problems with accessibility programmes, so I
thought I should ask here.

So, would it cause any problems if the " is replaced by „“?

Some other characters which I would also like to replace are:

- with –
... with …
' with ’ or ‚‘

and some others, which currently do not come to my mind.

Or does some screen reader or so depend on these characters?

Thanks
Gerrit Sangel