[Kde-accessibility] Mouse Emulation Mode and Menu key

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 22:57:42 CEST 2005

I'm working on an accessibility assessment for KOffice and KDE.

Does anyone know if it is possible to "drag" a divider in order to resize
panels without using a mouse.  Using Mouse Emulation (Alt+F12), I can
position the mouse pointer overtop the divider and the mouse pointer icon
changes to a drag icon.  But what next?  Pressing spacebar does a single
click and leaves Mouse Emulation mode.  Is there a keystroke that will
simulate a "click and hold mouse button down" during Mouse Emulation mode?
Also, is there a keystroke to simulate a mouse right-click in Mouse Emulation
mode?  Is there some other way to resize panels in a window separated using
dividers?

The X11 Mouse manpage mentions a DragLockButtons option, but doesn't specify
any defaults.

Related question.  The default key for Popup Context Menu is the Menu button.
On my US keyboard, this is a button on the right-hand side between the
Windows key and the Ctrl key.  It has a little menu icon on it.  The Menu key
seems to work only within certain apps.  For example, within Konversation and
KMail, it displays the right-click context menu when focus is on most
widgets.  But in the KWord (1.4.1) main window, it does not.  Is this because
KWord overrides something?

Thanks
--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)