[Kde-accessibility] New workgroup for better coordination

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Tue Sep 6 11:04:25 CEST 2005

Dear translators, dear contributors to accessibility and usability, dear
artists!

At the last KDE e.V. meeting, we voted for the creation of new workgroups for
coordinating the contributions to KDE a bit better.

One of the workgroups will include all projects working on Human/Computer
Interactions (HCI), which means accessibility, artwork, translations, and
usability. Gunnar and I (from accessibility) have agreed to contact these
teams and ask them to find representatives for it.

The tasks for the workgroup will be:
* Keeping track of all people involved with KDE HCI efforts
* Keeping the other HCI contributors in the loop on discussions and decisions
relevant to their part in KDE
* Ensuring that other parts of KDE are informed about our activities, and
letting them know about issues that are important to us
* Being a contact point for enquiries of other KDE contributors (e.g.
developers or the marketing group)
* Making sure that the KDE e.V. board knows where financial support can be
helpful (e.g. reimbursements for travel costs to translators' meetings or
usability testings)
* Coordination with other workgroups concerning implementation issues,
marketing strategies, etc.

Please coordinate within the teams so that you have at least one (preferably
several) members in the workgroup. It is up to the teams to decide how to
choose the initial workgroup members.

It would be nice if all people involved can subscribe to the mailing list by
Friday: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-hci

If you need more time to find or agree on initial representatives, then please
let me know, so that we can postpone discussing ideas for the planned
workgroup structure.

Olaf