[Kde-accessibility] project for mEDUXa and ONCE

Peter Korn Peter.Korn at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 14 17:06:15 CEST 2005

Hi Olaf,

If you write such a letter, of course point them to/include the Statement on
Desktop Accessibility Development
(http://accessibility.freestandards.org/a11yweb/forms/soi.php).  While it may
take longer to do so, if you would like the signature of someone from the
"GNOME side" of the house, I would be happy to work with you on the letter's text.

However, there is a silver lining in what is happening in Spain that we should
take some heart in: accessibility is becoming a *requirement* for deployment
of software in schools in these two regions in Spain.  This alone is a great
achievement for us, for desktop accessibility.  So I suggest that any letter
you/we send start out recognizing and appreciating the fact that ONCE appears
to be being successful in requiring that software be accessible before it can
be deployed in schools.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team