[Kde-accessibility] project for mEDUXa and ONCE

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Fri Oct 14 11:04:15 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2005 17:46 schrieb er general:
> They went to the local govertment and tried to force that we change it by
> convincing them that GNOME is a more mature option. They couldn't but now I
> have to defend our choice (KDE) when nobody before from the local goverment
> ask me about it (I hope you understand my bad english).

This is really sad.

I feel like sending a letter to ONCE.

I would like to tell them that we closely copperate with Gnome Accessibility,
that we share the same techniques, that you can run KDE applications on Gnome
and vice versa (so work done for one desktop also helps the other desktop),
and that neither KDE Accessibility nor Gnome Accessibility people are
interested in these kinds of dektop wars.

I would also like to tell them that KDE Accessibility is is very interested in
cooperating with organisations of blind people, but that we cannot do it if
they work against us. I would like to tell them that we were hoping to
receive feedback and expertise from them for for improving our software, but
that through their behaviour, they have made it impossble for us to trust
them.

I might even tell them that I will have to warn other software developers not
to contact ONCE because they might use the information you give them against
you.

Of course I will only write this letter if you don't object to it. And of
course I would need some more details: Was it the ONCE organisation itself
that officially asked the goverment of the Canary Islands not to use KDE?
Would they react negatively if the letter is written inm English? Whom would
I have to send it to?

> I'll have another meeting to talk about accesibility so let see what
> happens. I'll keep working to see if we get some money or colaboration from
> the goverment here on the Canary Islands.

Thanks!

Olaf