[Kde-accessibility] project for mEDUXa and ONCE

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 00:14:56 CEST 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 05:04 am, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:

> I would like to tell them that we closely copperate with Gnome
> Accessibility, that we share the same techniques, that you can run KDE
> applications on Gnome and vice versa (so work done for one desktop also
> helps the other desktop), and that neither KDE Accessibility nor Gnome
> Accessibility people are interested in these kinds of dektop wars.
>
> I would also like to tell them that KDE Accessibility is is very interested
> in cooperating with organisations of blind people, but that we cannot do it
> if they work against us. I would like to tell them that we were hoping to
> receive feedback and expertise from them for for improving our software,

As usual, Olaf, you're very insightful and have figured out how to turn a
negative into a positive.  Yes, do write that letter.

You might also remind them that FOSS is about user participation.  KDE and
GNOME are not "products" that users have no say in forming.  That we would
welcome whatever expertise, suggestions, bug reports, testing, (money), etc.,
they can muster.  In this way, they can help turn KDE and GNOME into the
desktop systems they want and need.

Also remind them that FOSS is about choice and that by excluding KDE, they're
excluding some very fine educational software.

> but that through their behaviour, they have made it impossble for us to
> trust them.
> I might even tell them that I will have to warn other software developers
> not to contact ONCE because they might use the information you give them
> against you.

Not sure if this is a good idea (to tell ONCE this).

Overall, I'd try to keep it "disappointed" but positive.  Lets not burn
bridges.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)