[Kde-accessibility] project for mEDUXa and ONCE

er general infocontacto at ejerciciosresueltos.com
Tue Oct 11 17:46:49 CEST 2005

Hi everybody,

this is the project I've presented to ONCE (the spanish blind people
organization) and the canarian local goverment related to incorporated
accesibility to mEDUXa and improve the funcionalities that KDE offers right
now. I wrote this project with the accesibility team. We did it together.

The results of my job has been...a disaster. ONCE has colaborated with Linex
and Guadalinex (Extremadura's and Andalucía's educational software
distribution). They use GNOME. What they want is that we change from KDE to
GNOME. Of course we told them that was not an option.

They went to the local govertment and tried to force that we change it by
convincing them that GNOME is a more mature option. They couldn't but now I
have to defend our choice (KDE) when nobody before from the local goverment
ask me about it (I hope you understand my bad english).

So what I did is send the same report to Antonio Jiménez, the guy that went
with me to Akademy, so he understand tha in the near future KDE will improve
accesibility so much that it won't be any question it is a good choice also
for partially unsight people. Anyway, they have windows on their computer
classrooms with no accesibility features.

I'll have another meeting to talk about accesibility so let see what happens.
I'll keep working to see if we get some money or colaboration from the
goverment here on the Canary Islands.

Thanks to the accesibility team for such a good job. The report is in spanish.
I have to translate to english the part I incorporate to the report.
Hopefully I'll do it soon.

Thanks
--
ejerciciosresueltos.com
C/ San Pedro Alcántara nº 11, entresuelo. S/C de Tenerife. España
infocontacto at ejerciciosresueltos.com