[Kde-accessibility] Some AT-SPI questions

Leo Spalteholz leo.spalteholz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:29:13 CET 2005

On 12/21/05, Olaf Jan Schmidt <ojschmidt at kde.org> wrote:

> If Leon wants to start working on at-spi support now, then he can either write
> a bridge for temporary use until an IDL compiler for DBUS has been written,
> or cooperate with Harald in creating the proper Qt-bindings for DBUS-AT-SPI.
> This depends a bit on whether he wishes to have a working version of AT-SPI
> support in his application soon, or whether he wishes to help KDE writing the
> general framework that needs to be created for Qt/kdelibs-based AT-clients.

Ok.  I'll have to think about this some more and read your email a
couple more times.  At the moment my brain is flooded with acronym
soup.
In principle I would rather cooperate with Harald and create a proper
framework instead of working on some one-off hack.   I'm going to be
starting my masters in April or September, which will be based around
a complete environment tailored to accessibility, so hopefully I'll be
much more involved then.

Just one question though, I was under the impression that Qt4
supported AT-SPI out of the box, but apparently to actually talk to
Qt4 applications with an accessibility client, we either need an IDL
compiler for DBUS or bindings for DBUS-AT-SPI.  Also, I gather that
the IDL compiler is a better solution, but Harald is working on the
bindings.  Soo..  Never mind, I don't think I understand it enough to
formulate a question yet ;)

Christmas cheers,
Leo
.