[Kde-accessibility] DECtalk/Linux and other commercial speech synthesizers

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 25 16:30:57 CEST 2004

Why don't you guys just write a gnome-speech plugin?  Or work with us to
separate out the in-process gnome-speech driver layer from the
CORBA/Bonobo outer layer?

We already have drivers for DecTalk/FONIX, FreeTTS, Theta,
viavoice/Eloquence, and other synths.

All this duplication of effort, when there is so much work to do, makes
me sad.

- Bill