[Kde-accessibility] DECtalk/Linux and other commercial speech synthesizers

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 16:22:24 CEST 2004

I would like to write a plugin for the KDE Text-to-Speech Deamon (KTTSD) to
support DECtalk/Linux.  This is a commercial package from Fonix that supports
English, German, Spanish, and French.  Although these languages can be
synthesized using the plugins we already have, it would be nice to support
users who might have DECtalk.

If anyone has a copy they wouldn't mind me having, or knows where I can
acquire such a copy at no cost, I'd be appreciative.

Olaf is already working on getting us a copy of IBM ViaVoice.

If anyone knows of other commercial synths they think ought to be supported
and can get me a copy, please let me know.

Thanks.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer