[Kde-accessibility] Re: [kde-promo] Fwd: Free Standards Group Accessibility Workgroup

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Oct 8 10:27:15 CEST 2003

Am Tuesday 07 October 2003 05:06 pm schrieb Gunnar Schmi Dt:

Hi Gunnar,

> On October 20, we want to announce the working group in a press release. In

> For KDE I would like to formulate some lines that show that KDE will have
> interest in the results of the working group. This will be something as
> follows:
>
> <statement>
> The current graphical user interfaces on Linux contain a lot of obstacles
> to people who cannot handle a keyboard or a mouse as quickly as most
> people, or who have low vision. We, people involved in the KDE project, do
> not want this social exclusion to persist.

I dont like this very negative statement about Linux in a press release.
Actually it is also missleading. E.g. (SuSE) Linux has since a long time the
capability to be installed with a Braille device. Also the GUIs of Linux have
already since a long time features which help the disabled. Of course there
is very much room for improvement!

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de