[Kde-accessibility] KMag into CVS

Jeff Roush jeff@mousetool.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:42:17 -0800

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 09:29 am, Sarang Lakare wrote:
> I also have a question wrt the positioning of the code in the directory.
> KMag's code is directly under the kdeaccessibility/kmag directory. Whereas,
> KMouseTool's code is under kdeaccessibility/kmousetool/kmousetool. Maybe we
> should move all the kmousetool code to kdeaccessibility/kmousetool to be
> consistant with the rest. Even KMouth's code is properly situatued at
> kdeaccessibility/kmouth.

Hm.  Consistency is good, and simplicity is good.

The KMouseTool directory structure is the way it is because that's how
KDevelop set things up.  I removed all the kdevelop-specific files, but
didn't want to possibly introduce makefile bugs by moving the directories
around, especially since we want to get the kdeaccessibility module up to
speed quickly by importing the current stable versions of programs.

Before uploading the project, I browsed around CVS; it looks like a number of
projects have their main source in a subdirectory, like KMouseTool, although
most don't.

But I'm curious, too.  Do people have strong opinions about the directory
layout?  Is it important enough to move the files around?

Regards,

Jeff