[Kbabel] KDE4 Port -- rewrite

Nick Shaforostoff shafff at ukr.net
Mon Jan 29 09:12:51 CET 2007

Is there anybody working at true kbabel KDE4 port at the moment?

I've started a complete rewrite of kbabel (with much cleaner design) a week ago and at the time of writing i've got full undo system working
(w/o reimplementing any keyboard interaction, btw :)

some highlights:
loads messages/kdevelop/kdevelop.po (1 mb) in 1 second (while kbabel does this in 9 seconds!)
takes 20 mb ram after this file has been opened (50mb - kbabel on qt4, 70 mb - kbabel on qt3)

my current todo list:
-a lot of polishing
-QSyntaxHighlighter
-new gettext format features
-Glossary (QtSql, QThread)
-Translation DB with automatic search on gotoEntry() (QtSql, QThread)
-sonnet
-catalogmanager & projects
-many small features that ease everyday life of translator
-xliff
-...

and don't worry, i do reuse parts of kbabel (eg parsing and saving engines)

--
Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream of things that never were and say, "Why not?"
 --George Bernard Shaw