[Kbabel] Full Gettext support in KBabel

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Thu Oct 20 15:17:24 CEST 2005

> [: Nicolas Goutte :]
> Well, it is quite (too) late now, as KDE 3.5 is in message freeze.
> Therefore KBabel cannot be changed where it would matter.

I did have in mind KBabel for KDE 4, but...

> (KDE 4 will not be translated with its own KBabel but with the KBabel
> of KDE 3.5. We had that experience already with KDE2 to KDE3 switch.)
> [...]
> Do not forget! KBabel is a tool for translators. That are not people
> that can jump on every new software tool [...]

This somehow didn't cross my mind :) Hm, that would mean it is not an
option to switch to standard Gettext before KDE 4.1? If so, it still
doesn't sound too bad, especially if KBabel in KDE 4.0 does separate
representation and formats...

> I am not sure that there is even any people following this mailing list
> who are trying to compile KBabel on KDE4 regularly.

I'll give it a shot these days :) And it might be about time I take a look
at some GUI related stuff...

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)