[Kbabel] Full Gettext support in KBabel

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Fri Oct 21 19:21:47 CEST 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 08:45, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> Dňa Štvrtok 20 Október 2005 20:00 Nicolas Goutte napísal:
> > On Thursday 20 October 2005 15:04, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> > > Dňa Štvrtok 20 Október 2005 14:43 Nicolas Goutte napísal:

> > > They are fully supported. Try one, for example gettext.po ;-)
> >
> > In that case, I probably misunderstood something that you have written.
> > :-(
> >
> > So I am going to revert the KDE 3.5 feature plan on this point.
> >
> > So we would need to introduce the new context in a (rather) transparent
> > way. (Not sure if somebpody can do that until KDE 3.5).
>
> We could silently ignore it for now - just to make sure we can open the
> files.

But if we cannot save the context, it does not help at all for KDE4 (as for
Gettext it would became another message.)

Ignoring is only good for the catalog manager, where such information is
indeed superfluous. (But there we have the problem of the msgfmt call.)

>Adapting the code to properly handle this would be tricky - we could
> probably map the new PO syntax to the old KDE context syntax - that should
> work

It will not work with contexted plurals. (But indeed we perhaps does not need
such a feature in KDE 4.0 .)

Have a nice day!